Who doesn’t love peanut butter? Whether you prefer the creamy or crunchy variety, it is that unmistakable nutty taste that lingers, making it one of the world’s most favourite health foods. Of course, we cannot ignore the high nutritional value of vegan peanut butter.
For that instant boost of energy and a good dose of healthy protein, this is one food that is a must-have in your diet.
How Is Peanut Butter Made?
Peanut butter is made with perfectly roasted peanuts that are ground to different consistencies. You get both crunchy and creamy varieties, depending on your preferences. If you are someone who enjoys small chunks of peanuts with every bite, then the crunchy variety is for you. For those who love a smooth, easy-to-spread variety, the creamy version works best.
Primary Nutrients in Peanut Butter
Peanuts have always been the go-to food when you want to ease those hunger pangs or need instant energy. Peanut butter gives you the goodness of all the nutrients that this humble nut is loaded with:
- Protein: With products like bGREEN 100% Vegan Protein Peanut Butter, you get up to 38g of protein per 100 g. Proteins derived from peanuts also give you 20 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source.
- Healthy Fats: Peanut butter is loaded with unsaturated fats (MUFA and PUFA) and has a lower concentration of saturated fats. The ratio of these fats in peanut butter is similar to olive oil, which is considered a very health-friendly food source.
- Essential Vitamins: Peanut butter is a rich source of B vitamins. It is one of the best sources of this family of vitamins for vegans and vegetarians. Besides that, it contains the powerful antioxidant Vitamin E, which gives you many more health benefits.
- Minerals: Rich in minerals like Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Zinc, peanut butter, catalyzes and supports close to 300 metabolic processes within the body, allowing better performance and overall health.
Health Benefits of Eating Peanut Butter
Being so rich in its nutritional value, it is no surprise that peanut butter also gives you many health benefits:
- Protects your heart: Healthy fats are extremely important for good heart health. The high quantity of monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids in peanut butter reduces the risk of heart disease. This can be related to the cholesterol-reducing properties of peanuts which prevent clogged arteries, help maintain blood pressure, and provide other heart-related benefits.
- Improves muscle recovery and development: The protein and amino acid profile of peanut butter makes it one of the most preferred foods for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. Since it is versatile and gives you the advantage of 20 amino acids, it is the perfect post-workout food to refuel starved muscles and aid in faster recovery.
- Great source of energy: Most people talk about the high-calorie content of peanut butter. The good news is that these are not empty calories but are derived from clean sources like protein. As a result, using peanut butter even pre-workout gives you that much-needed boost of energy.
- Helps keep your appetite healthy: Peanut butter also gives you a reliable source of dietary fiber, which keeps you satiated for more extended periods. Additionally, the great taste of peanut butter prevents hunger pangs and cravings, allowing you to follow a healthier diet easily.
bGREEN brings to you a 100% vegan peanut butter that is one of the best options if you are looking for a product that is low in fats, sugar, and salt. Spread it on your toast or add a dollop to your smoothie and enjoy the endless benefits of this blissful food.