Are you planning to invest in a CNC machine tool? Do you know there are many factors that need to be considered before the investment process so that your investment is fruitful?
If this comes as a surprise to you, then stress not. This article will help you with the guides and tips that need to be kept in mind before the investment phase. So, let’s get started.
Right from horizontal to vertical milling lathes and machines, to multi-axis turning centers, and 5-axis machining centers, the tools of the CNC machine comes in varied functions, sizes, and performances. The axes and dimensions are available in different types and vary with the quality level and automation. The CNC machine plays an important role in the manufacturing business. It comes with a little high price, but the used CNC machines for sale in USA come at a little and affordable price.
To invest in the right machine tool, you need to consider the following things.
Know Your Requirements
This is the most important thing when you are investing in precision CNC machining. You must have a clear view of your business needs and requirements. You must consider the needs of the future production in mind so that you do not end up investing in an undersized or over-specified machine.
Make sure to ask the following questions before the investment process.
- What are the materials and parts that you need the machine to produce?
- What must be the precision level while making those parts?
- How will you balance accuracy, speed, price, and flexibility? In some cases, opting slower model will provide more accuracy and also will be available at a lower price.
- How many axes will you need for the project?
- What are the varied complexity, sizes, and material grades that you will be dealing with and working with?
The above questions will help you understand your investment better and also know what you are exactly looking for.
Consider the Machine Type
The market is filled with varieties of machine types that will make you confused. But with all the varied types, you must focus on choosing only the best fit for your machine.
If you are new in the market, consider the following things before choosing the machine.
- Keep in mind the parts shapes, dimensions, and materials that need to be manufactured.
- Focus on turnaround time and production cycles.
- The size of the working space. E.g. tool size, table size, tool change time, and chuck size.
- Machine spindle power, tool capacity, and its performance.
- The types of tool holders like CAT/BBT/HSK/BT. Make sure to keep the cost and availability in mind.
- Automation degree and the machine control.
- Machine flexibility
- Milling or Turning machines and many more.
Understanding CNC Machine Tool Prices
It is not new that the CNC machine tool ranges from tens to thousands of dollars, making it a costly affair. These tools are considered a worthy investment by the companies.
While making the machine tool budget, you must consider all the available options. If you come a little low in your budget, then you always have the option of investing in a used CNC machine, which with no doubt is a good investment.
The budget plan must include the trade-offs between the prices, production, and quality output. Do not forget the transportation charges too.
Understanding Spare Parts and Maintenance Costs
This prime point is often overlooked as maintenance and parts costs play an important role in the investment. The investment phase stops not just with buying the machine and its parts, but also the expenses and maintenance it comes along with. You must consider the lifecycle of the machine, its availability of the parts, and more.
Apart from the origin of the machine, you must consider where its parts are assembled and made. Though some may come with a strong tradition in engineering, their components parts may come from other weak countries. Therefore, consider every minute detail, before investing in a CNC machine tool.
If you are looking for expert advice, then get in touch with Hi-Tech Machinery Inc. They offer the best solution and services for used CNC machines and guarantee quality parts and machines in the USA.